The Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying system solutions, including web applications and system interfaces. These are done in conjunction with other company business staff, other internal IT staff, and with external vendors.
- Work with the business team, business systems analyst and other IT staff to provide effective technical designs aligning with development best practices.
- Document and define system design and specifications. Develop applications and RESTful APIs to meet those design specifications.
- Partner with internal business units, internal IT staff, and external system vendors for design, implementation, and integration of new and/or upgraded software systems.
- Ensure a high level of quality through design and implementation of unit, system integration, and load testing. Write tests for existing and created code to ensure compatibility and stability.
- Provide orientation, training, and troubleshooting services to end users and to other IT staff
- Create troubleshooting and application knowledgebase documentation
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with software development methodologies, including agile and iterative models, as well as development tools such as Subversion, Confluence, Github, etc.
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.) is beneficial.
- Strong commitment to customer service, quality, and working in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization, time management and prioritization skills.
At Physicians Insurance, you’ll find an exceptional hybrid work environment, and the opportunity to work for an industry leader whose programs have a positive impact on insurance and healthcare.
The salary range for this position is $85,800 to $128,600. Starting salary is determined by several factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. This position is also eligible for an annual company bonus at an incentive target level of 8%.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits program, including a generous retirement program and Paid Time Off. Please visit www.phyins.com/careers for detailed benefit descriptions.