Business Systems Analyst
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for defining one or more functional department's process and system needs, and then translate that into the specifications, design, and configuration for new and/or modified systems.
Working in a dynamic team / project environment, this position analyzes business requirements, develops high quality solutions, configures vendor-supplied software, develops ad/hoc queries/reports, and provides high quality service and support.
- Act as the primary liaison between one or more functional departments/projects and IT (both internal IT as well as external systems vendors).
- Conduct analysis of complex business process and system requirements.
- Design, test and develop reports, data dashboards and ad-hoc queries as requested
- Administer core application systems by making necessary configuration or business rule changes.
- Lead testing of all new system features and enhancements to existing systems.
- Develop and perform in-depth testing of these systems and resolve testing issues.
- Provide end-user training and user support trouble shooting for one or more functional departments, as necessary.
- Create and maintain necessary requirements, design, specification, knowledgebase, and related documentation.
- Lead development of various workflow programs (scripts, SQL queries, etc.).
- Provide technical direction and address inquiries from internal/external customers.
- Associates degree in Information Systems, Business, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 2 + years of experience in the analysis, design, development, implementation, or administration of business processing systems, preferably in the insurance, healthcare or financial services industry
- Experience with data reporting tools is desirable. Experience with SAP/Business Objects WebIntelligence report tool is highly desirable.
- Experience with workflow and document management and related systems strongly preferred
- Technical skills and experience in office computer software (Windows, Word, Excel, etc.) is required. Additional knowledge or experience in the following is desirable:
- Relational databases and SQL (preferably Oracle)
- Strong commitment to customer service, quality, and working in a collaborative team environment. Must be able to interact with others at all levels within and outside the company.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills