Clinical Risk Consultant
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Risk Consultant to support our members primarily in Western and Central Washington.
The Clinical Risk Consultant is responsible for on-going risk management support for assigned account types, including physicians, clinics, hospitals, multi-specialty health systems, and other alternative business subscribers. This position is also responsible for conducting risk evaluations and risk assessments and developing relevant risk management content. The consultant will focus on driving change and reducing risk exposures while developing a targeted service plan for members and clients.
- Conduct onsite risk evaluations and risk assessments for our insured including clinics, hospitals, and other subscribers
- Advise and consult on risk management matters via telephone, email and/or in person
- Conducts ongoing analysis of account specific data
- Participate in Risk Management projects to meet emerging trends and department goals
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver account specific educational offerings and programs based on risk assessment outcomes or identified needs
- Collaborate with other internal departments to determine risk exposure with existing and/or new accounts
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare-related field
- Three plus years risk management experience in a clinical setting including a hospital or multi-specialty health system environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% to assigned accounts and other locations as necessary to accomplish department goals. Travel destinations include the company office as well as national travel for account visits and professional engagements as necessary.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent grammar, writing, and proofreading skills, with an attention to detail
- Demonstrated technical ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite and other software applications
- Strong commitment to customer service and quality improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM), Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), or other related certification preferred